This is the Form for the Power of Attorney for Personal Care published by the Province:
Power of Attorney for Personal Care
(Made in accordance with the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992) NOTE: This form must be printed and signed to be valid.
1. I, revoke any (Print or type your full name here) previous power of attorney for personal care made by me and APPOINT: (Print or type the name of the person or persons you appoint here) to be my attorney(s) for personal care in accordance with the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992. [Note: A person who provides health care, residential, social, training, or support services to the person giving this power of attorney for compensation may not act as their attorney unless that person is also their spouse, partner, or relative.]
2. If you have named more than one attorney and you want them to have the authority to act separately, insert the words “ jointly and severally ” here: (This may be left blank.)
3. If the person(s) I have appointed, or any one of them, cannot or will not be my attorney because of refusal, resignation, death, mental incapacity, or removal by the Court, I SUBSTITUTE: (This may be left blank.) to act as my attorney for personal care in the same manner and subject to the same authority as the person they are replacing.
4. I give my attorney(s) the AUTHORITY to make any personal care decision for me that I am mentally incapable of making for myself, including the giving or refusing of consent to any matter to which the Health Care Consent Act, 1996, applies, subject to the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992, and any instructions, conditions or restrictions contained in this form.
5. INSTRUCTIONS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS Attach, sign, and date additional pages if required. (This part may be left blank.)
6. YOUR SIGNATURE SIGNATURE:
(Sign your name here, in the presence of two witnesses.) DATE (YYYY/MM/DD) : ADDRESS: (Insert your full current address here.)
7. WITNESS SIGNATURES [Note: The following people cannot be witnesses: the attorney or their spouse or partner; the spouse, partner, or child of the person making the document, or someone that the person treats as their child; a person whose property is under guardianship or who has a guardian of the person; a person under the age of 18.]
Witness #1: Signature: Print Name: Address: Date (yyyy/mm/dd):
Witness #2: Signature: Print Name: Address: Date (yyyy/mm/dd)
There are Forms that can be downloaded for execution from the Provincial website.
Brian Madigan LL.B., Broker