When is a subdivision home unique?
A Court recently looked at this and concluded:
Uniqueness must take into account:
- all the surrounding circumstances,
- including the purchaser’s “wish list”,
- the market conditions,
- the location,
- the type of home,
- the condition of the home,
- the lot,
- the finished areas of the home,
- the quality of finishes,
- the availability of comparable homes with the same attributes in the same price range,
- the proximity to certain amenities and so on.
Have a look at Datta v. Eze, 2020 ONSC 4796
Brian Madigan LL.B., Broker